Playoff Eliminator – 3rd v 4th = Hatcham 1-2 The Wall
Playoff Semi-final – 2nd v 3rd or 4th = SE Dons 0-3 The Wall
Playoff Final -Under The Radar 3-2 The Wall
Congratulations to Under The Radar for winning the Inaugral SFL London trophy
Play Off Reasoning
1) teams play each other once with teams fighting for the title playing each other twice
2) experimenting on a new format to determine a league winner
The above format was going to be trialled in the EFL but was not taken on due to the financial gain of two 2-legged playoffs.
1) team that wins the league will have won the most points, despite the format, although there would be a games played discrepancy.
2) Hatcham FC & Official Wall FC have played each other twice.
3) SE Dons & Official Wall will be playing for the third time on Sun
Advantages of Format:
1) fewer matches, lower costs
2) allows teams to enter more County Cups
3) reduces dead rubbers
4) each match means more
5) improves player care, asking Saturday players to play fewer Sunday matches
6) less strain on facilities and referee shortage
1st ever SFL-London League Playoff Final will take place on Tuesday, with Under The Radar facing Official Wall FC for the league title. Ticket link below:
Please contact me if you want any individual team designs added!